Travelling any time soon?
These are basic travel tips that you should take heed of in order to ensure your safety, security and enjoyment during your travels –
- Make responsible travel decisions beforehand and during your travels.
- Choose the safest mode of transportation in each destination. Be warned that in most places, the local, less expensive, “exotic” forms of transportation often have poor safety measures.
- Be certain that your insurance covers travel emergencies or obtain additional insurance.
- Avoid night road travel in countries with poor safety records and/or mountainous terrain.
- Familiarize yourself with the unwritten local “road culture” and road regulations.
- Learn about seasonal hazards and local holidays when road crash rates are higher.
- Carry a mobile phone and key contact information for emergencies.
- Obtain the name of a reputable physician and medical facility.
- Use seatbelts and child safety seats.
- Do not hitchhike.
- Do not drive after consuming alcohol, when fatigued, or while using a mobile phone.
Your safety and that of your loved ones should always be a priority therefore, every precautionary measure to minimise the risk of injury and / or loss of life should be applied.